Study in Azerbaijan
Foreign citizens wishing to study in Azerbaijan should apply for a relevant type of visa from the Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan, accredited in their country (except for the citizens of the countries applying visa-free regime).
To obtain a visa for travel to the Republic of Azerbaijan the following documents are to be submitted to the Consular section of the Embassy.
Documents required for education visa:
- An invitation letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan (letter is valid only for one month. Invitations are processed in the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan);
- Application form (To be filled through eapplication.mfa.gov.az, hard copies submitted to the Embassy) ;
- Passport or other travel document (a validity period of a passport or other travel document should exceed a validity period of an expected visa at least by 3 months, passport should have at least one un-used page for the visa) and copies of their main pages;
- Two color photographs (3x4cm, white background) matching with biometric identification requirements;
- A copy of travel ticket;
- Application submitted by a party inviting a foreigner and a stateless person to the Republic of Azerbaijan which is approved by an appropriate authority of the executive power,
- A document proving the purpose of an invitation (purpose of visit, duration of stay, category (single entry, multiple entry or transit), permanent address and residence address of applicant in Azerbaijan);
- A notarized copy of a birth certificate, a permission of parents or a legitimate representative and copies of identification documents are required for issuance of visa to foreigners and stateless persons under 18 holders of a passport travelling without his/her parent or a legitimate representative.
Please consult the Embassy of Azerbaijan in your country for the updated Visa requirements!
State fee: for single entry visa – USD 20
Foreigners and stateless persons who want temporarily stay in the Republic of Azerbaijan for a period of more than 15 days should get registered upon place of stay.